September 1st

I have seen several blogs this week do a walk through their day and I'm dying to do that soon, but today's not the day.  :-)  It's coming though!

Here's what new with us:

Kara got "Lady" from Lady and the Tramp while we were at Walmart this week (as a reward).  She watches Lady and the Tramp every single night before bed and while she's falling asleep, so Lady is especially dear to her heart.  She wheeled Lady in with Lancer and announced they're going to be getting married.  Then when I asked to take a picture, she said she wanted to sit in the stroller and be in the picture.

 my little match maker

Horton got a new name, and a job.  Here's Kara (looking SO much like her father at that age) making sure he gets his work done.  (He needs to wear his name tag at work.)

the grind

His new name is Ket.  After school, Kara wrote math word problems for me to do, and Ket was in the one with popsicle sticks.  :-)

 Renamed and a new back story - keeps me on my toes  :-)

Since we skipped school yesterday, we did school today, Saturday.  I figure, as long as we do school 5 days a week, it doesn't matter which days we do them.  (And I'd have to imagine once she realizes we've done school every Saturday so far, she may not want to do that for long.)  But, so far Saturdays all our friends/family are busy and Daddy is gone fishing, so we're bored anyway.  (Daddy isn't fishing today - they're riding bikes as I type this.)

Kara adores doing school out of order (math first, then phonics, then writing, then reading).  She saves seatwork for last because she despises it.  An hour's worth of work to do on her own?  Of course she doesn't like it.  (If she was more focused, she could complete it in 30-40 minutes, as it's designed.  I still think she'll get there one day.)  Today I let her do seatwork on my bed (while I played on pinterest) as a special treat.  She loved it and wants to do it "ten thousand a hundred and ninety-nine more times!"

Seatwork with mommy

The rest of today will be spent on chores, organizing, running to the grocery store, dinner with my sister, and picking a friend up from the airport.

I hope everyone is having a great Labor day weekend!  :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
We have rain today. Tim went to a Bible conference by himself this morning as I woke up siiiiick to my stomach...slept til 2 and got up with a headache and the stomach ache is still hanging on! Doing laundry and cleaned Tim's bathroom. That's it for me today!
jessicaday said…
We are just now getting rain - it started around 7pm. It brought lots of thunder and lightening. I'm picking my friend up from the airport, so I hope she makes it in okay!
I'm so sorry to hear about your stomach. I overdosed on a rich mushroom thing at a restaurant the other day and my stomach was not happy until every trace of it was out of my system! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.