Project: GARAGE

All those pinterest ideas inspired me to work on my garage.  Also, my kitchen will be renovated soon and I'll have spare appliances.  (Apparently you can only donate appliances if they're less than a year old!)  So, I'm wanting to put my current fridge in the garage.  But, as of right now, there's no room for it.  I'd like to do something about that.  :-)  Brace yourselves, here is what my garage looks like now.

 That bright light on the right is coming from a side door.  It's actually quite lovely.  The people who used to live in our house were best friends with our neighbors on that side of the house, so they used it all the time.  It even has it's own porch light!
Anyway, you can see bikes, old screens (half of which have holes and are therefore useless), things hanging up (rakes, shovels, sleds), a box with a hose in it, our 3rd row seating for our SUV stacked on top, and other junk on top of that.

 View from the floor.  I don't know why we care about this, but I am thinking I'd like to do something fun with that lattice.

The shelves.  Oh, the shelves.  We had a whole wall of shelves when we first moved in, but didn't need them all, so we just kept the one.  It currently has LOTS of junk on it.  Oil for the lawn mower we no longer own.  Stuff for the old motorcycle.  Yep, that's gone too.  More than half of the stuff on the shelf will be going.  We also have bags and bags of lawn care "stuff."


Here's a cardboard box I was supposed to take to the dump long ago, plus 3 old dead boat batteries, and those lovely shelves.  (We're keeping the snow blower though!  We will only need it once a decade, but it will be awesome to have.)

 (That fan didn't help much - I sweat buckets during stage one of this process.)  You can see our trash and recycling cans, some stacked on top of an old power washer, a green trash can we don't use any more, and a lawn thing hanging up with life jackets for the boat draped over it.

Michael has announced he is no longer doing anything with the lawn, so we are getting rid of all of that.  My sister and her husband have first dibs, and we'll go from there.  Fortunately, a lot of this stuff will be going away (trashed or donated) and some will be coming inside (tennis rackets, roller blades, basketballs, camping stuff).  Then I'll clean it from top to bottom and start organizing what's left.  We have spare peg board in the basement and I plan to use that.  I saw an idea on pinterest where they hung most of their stuff on the garage walls to free up floor space.

And I'm thinking I may be able to use those hooks on the ceiling for something.

Remember, we don't have a shed, so all of our stuff ended up here!  While I used to want a shed, now I'm seeing we're going to be able to get rid of a bunch of stuff and will hopefully have a super organized garage soon!

Sidenote:  Michael is overseeing all decisions to get rid of things.  Don't worry, I "know my role".  ;-)  (That one's for you, Liz!)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I wish we lived closer bc I want 2nd dibs on all your junk!!
jessicaday said…
Lol! We have nice blowers and weed eaters and grass seed....maybe you should plan a trip!