Sink, and a good day

Let's talk about my current sink.  I'm actually pretty happy with the basic stainless steel sink.  And I really like having one huge basin and a small one on the side.  It has a super plain, cheap faucet, and I'm happy with it too.

 
But, I don't like that it's in front of the window.  Crazy, you say?  Everyone wants their sink in front of their window!  Well, family/friends are rarely out that window to look at - they're inside, to my back.  Maybe if I had a beautiful yard, I might like looking outside, but instead I see a dead tree, loads of weeds, a broken fence, and trees that really need trimmed.  Oh yeah, and a cheap-o chair that doesn't match our patio set (because the one that matched got creamed by the falling tree last winter).  I'd much rather have a sink in the island, facing my beautiful home and seeing the faces of my friends/family.  So, current location is a thumbs down, and I haven't told you the best part - it leaks AND squeaks.  When the water is on full blast, it makes this EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound.  Yep, drives me crazy - imagine how Michael feels!  He's always yelling, turn that down!  Lol!  And the leak is loads of fun - everything to the one side, where the leak is, is ruined and nothing can be put there because it'll get ruined too.  Current sink, you get the job done - barely - but it's almost time to say goodbye.

In other news, home school was awesome today.  Either the material has leveled off and we're really getting the hang of this, or it's too easy.  We're done in about an hour and a half.  Whoa.  Kara got 100% on her phonics test, which is so great.  She's reading to her "babies" on her own and really getting into chapter books.  I'm reading her a Magic Treehouse book, and she asks if she can read a bit on her own to see what's going to happen next.  Ooooo!  Michael and I love reading, and I can't wait to see her get into it too.  Imagine me squeaking with excitement, like my sink - EEEEEEEE!  Lol.  :-)



Can you hear one more squeak?  Oh, sorry, that's just me enjoying this amazing ice cream Michael got for us at Cold Stone.  Michael has a way of finding the richest, most decadent way to make desserts - especially ice cream.  I have never seen a man with a sweet tooth like him, or a woman for that matter!  (Yes, he bought me my own - very sweet, but maybe he just didn't want to share.)  ;-)


Yum, Cold Stone.  I ate half of it before I felt like I was going to explode, so the rest is in the freezer for Michael for tomorrow.  (He ate all of his, just fine!)

Comments