this weekend

Saturday morning I went to my first homeschool group meeting.  That was so cool - seeing some friends and meeting new ones, without the kids.  We planned a few play dates, and all the field trips/science fair/field day/Christmas caroling for the year.  We have been doing home school for about a month now and I kind of forgot about this group.  This is like the icing on the cake.  I can't wait to get started and Kara is so excited about new friends, some she already knows from church.  :-)  She's already made presents for each one of them.  :-)

Saturday afternoon, I can't really remember what we did.  We were going to do school, but I decided to skip it.  (Remember, we started in early Aug. for a reason.)  I was feeling really tired and I think I only made it as far as doing 1 load of laundry.  And I think I didn't even finish it!  Lol!  I checked the weather and a serious front was on its way, but I thought it wouldn't be coming until like 8pm, so at 3:30 we went to Target (did you see my deals on facebook?).  Of course, the front came through while we were there - which wouldn't have been an issue if it was just thunderstorms.  But, tornadoes were around.  Yeah, they used to be my #1 greatest fear, then they were #2, then I prayed and prayed and prayed and I'm not so afraid anymore.  However, in the store (I knew it was safer to stay there than try to drive) I felt very out of control.  My heart was beating quickly and I felt sick to my stomach.  I prayed and had a backup plan of flipping the cart upside down on top of us/Kara to protect us from any falling debris.  I did some deep breathing and didn't let Kara go a step away from me.  She thought I was nuts.  :-)  45 minutes later, the tornado threat was gone, we checked out, and came home.  Meanwhile, the east coast was hammered - did you see NYC had several tornadoes?  The DC area was rumored to have 2 also - gotta see if those did actually happen.

Around 9, Michael came home safe and sound after a weekend fishing with the guys.  He had a blast, but didn't catch too much.  I teased him and said maybe he just shouldn't go next time.  Lol!  He said, no way!  It was still fun!!  :-)

Church this morning, which was somewhat about my post earlier this week - watch your tonge....and fingers.  Then Kara went with Michael to lunch and shopping.  I enjoyed a yummy lunch by myself and I swept/vacuumed.  Now I'm watching my favorite show and thinking about the starbucks ice cream in the freezer......

I hope you guys had a great weekend!


Comments