Friday, 9/7

Only have energy for a quick list with a few pics:
  * woke up at 8am next to my sweet pea - Michael is out of town fishing with "the guys"
  * started school around 9:30


  * Kara was very motivated and our routine is feeling really, really good
  * We're learning about Abraham and Sarah this week.  The first six weeks of school, we're memorizing Genesis 1:1-5
  * Kara got a 97% on her Phonics test - but is disappointed because it's not 100% - sound familiar?  Her father is just like that!


  * We learned "w" in cursive
  * We finished our story for creative writing
  * Kara read a lot out loud, beautifully, I might add
  * We did more greater than, less than, and learned vertical graphs.
  * Kara didn't want to write her spelling list again during today's spelling lesson, so I made a deal with her (remembering how Hannah's teacher only makes them study the spelling words they don't know), we would have tomorrow's spelling test now and she would only have to rewrite the ones she got wrong.  Well, she got 100% and earned no spelling tomorrow.  :-)

 

  * Art project was "painting" on the chalkboard with water.  It's super clean now!
  * Finished school at 11:35.  She was focused!


  * Went straight outside to work on the garage.  (Last night Kara and I went to Walmart to buy tons of shelves and peg board hooks.)  Worked out there for about 4 hours.  Here's a sneak peek at the peg board.  :-)
  * Showered and went to dinner with my family.  So much fun hanging with the original 4, plus Kara of course!
  * Brought some things to a friend's house, who had a large stack of coupons for me.
  * Came home and spent 3 hours clipping all of those coupons, plus a few more I collected this week, and I sorted them all.  All while watching "Hop" with Kara.  It was cute and Kara loved it.
  * Okay, all three of my jobs (homemaker/mother, teacher, coupon-clipper) kicked my butt and I'm going to bed.  I looooooove productive days like today.  :-)
 High point for today:  When I was brushing my teeth with Kara at bed time and she said, "I had such a great day today.  It's because I got to spend it with you."  :-)  I LOVE having a six year old!!!  (I'm thinking they stop saying things like that around 9.)

Comments