Coupon shopping, 9/1: Aldi, Staples, Office Depot

If I'm out, I like to get it all done.  We have many locations of ALL stores where I live, so going to multiple stores is always worth it.  Since Kara was in a great mood and being super sweet, we kept on going.

(First we went to ShopRite across the street from Aldi to get my mom's favorite tea.  I don't even know how much it added up to because she's paying me back.)  :-)
Then we went to Aldi, where I got a TON for only $32.82.  Ah, don't you just love Aldi?
Next we went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner for my sister and I (Kara ate snacks I packed) and I used a free sandwich coupon.  Dinner for two - $6.
Then we went to Office Depot and got a few goodies for $3.87.  They were out of the things I really wanted, but that's what I get for waiting until the evening of the last day of their sale.
Next was Staples, where they still had lots of good stuff.  $5.43 later we were out of there.

Total spent on 3 stores, plus dinner - $48.12.  Love it!

Here's the details.

Aldi (sorry, no picture - lots of refrigerated things that needed to get put away immediately):
Case of bottled water (for my sister) - $2.29
5 lbs potatoes - $2.79
1/2 gallon milk (for my friend I'm getting from the airport tonight - my mom always has milk and bread for me the night I get home from a trip.  Things you need first thing in the morning and can't get when your plane lands after 10pm!) - $1.79
Kara's favorite triscuits (generic) - $1.49 - on clearance
2 lbs strawberries - $1.79 each
carton beef broth - $1.49
carton chicken broth - $1.49
2 cans chicken broth - $0.59 each
cotton swabs (for art projects) - $1.39
fabric softener dryer sheets (hopefully Michael's not allergic!) - $1.99
24 pk sliced cheese - $1.49
2 boxes butter - $2.29 each
animal crackers (for my sister) - $1.29
4pk probiotic yogurts (I'm trying something for my wretched stomach) - $1.49
1 lb turkey lunchmeat - $3.29
bread (for my friend) - $0.85

Grand total with tax - $32.82
What I would have spent at Walmart - $58.93
I saved - $26.11, or 44%


Then I got all of this at Office Depot for $3.87.
3 pks of graph paper - $1.00 each
3 pks pencil top erasers - $0.05 each
3pk of highlighters -$0.50

Originally - $13.15
I spent - $3.87
I saved - $9.28, or 70%


Lastly, it was Staples.  I spent $5.43 on this.
8 notepads (Kara took one before I could snap the picture) - $0.50 each
2 hole punches - $0.50 each
4 slider pencil boxes (Kara took one of these too!) - $0.01 each
4 8pks pencils - $0.01 each
4 pkgs pencil top erasers - $0.01

Originally - $30.80
I spent - $5.43
I saved - $25.37, or 82%

Grand total (not counting dinner) - $102.88
I spent - $42.12
I saved - $60.76, or 59%

Overall, pretty good job, if I do say so myself!  This was all with Kara and without a single coupon (and in less than an hour - not counting dinner).

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Last time I went to aldi I spent $100!! You can probably imagine how full my buggy was! Loading up for school lunches put it over the top! Ryan can eat!
jessicaday said…
WOW!!! I've never even spent half that at Aldi! I can't even imagine how much you got. Net time you gotta send me a picture of what that looks like. I'm so curious.
Elisabeth said…
Oh, I promise it won't be the last time I spend that much but I did tell Brad we were cleaning out the panrty before I do it again so hopefully it will be awhile!