New recipe

Watching food network today, I saw Rachael Ray make fried chicken in one episode, then burgers with caramelized onions in the next episode.  Since I needed this inspiration for dinner tonight, so I changed up chicken for beef, and kept the onions.  Here's what I came up with:

I had some kind of cheap slab of beef in the freezer that I usually slow cook (top round, or bottom round, or something).  I defrosted it in the microwave, then cut it in 4 equal pieces (about the size of a pork chop), butterflied them, and beat them with the pointy side of a meat mallot.  It made a lot of noise and was really fun.  :-)  (I'm actually glad I didn't have cubed steak and had to make my own instead.)

Then I sprinkled steak seasoning on both sides of the meat.
Then they got a trip to the:
  * flour, then
  * egg, then
  * panko bread crumbs.
I cooked them in a little extra virgin olive oil and a teeny bit of butter, then transferred them to the oven (on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet so the breading would stay crunchy).

I served those topped with caramelized onions and a side of mashed potatoes.  Meat and potatoes:  Michael was happy.  :-)

File that one away for later!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I see a post titled "kitchen" but when I click on it, it says there is nothing there.
jessicaday said…
Yeah, I deleted it. It was boring. Lol! I just went to a kitchen store to look at refrigerators with panels on the front (so they look like cabinets), that's all.
Vicky said…
Yep, he's a meat and potatoes man just like his dad!