Coupons, one year later

I've been shopping with coupons for a year now.  I started really paying attention to prices, clipped couons, and tried to match up sales and coupons as often as possible to drive my costs as low as possible, and sometimes free!  No judgements on what my numbers used to be, or what they are now, for that matter, please.  This is what fits in with our budget and lifestyle.  :-)  I'm laying it out on the line here!

Here are what my numbers look like (per month):

Target Shopping (some groceries, clothes, toilet paper, Christmas presents, movies, toys, electronics, school supplies, etc.):
Old average - $497.78 per month
New average - $263.09 per month
That means, this last year I spent $234.68 less per month than I used to.
Multiply that times 12 months, and I spent $2816.22 less this year than usual.

Grocery Shopping:
Old average - $380.56 per month
New average - $279.80 per month
That means, this last year I spent $100.75 less per month than I used to.
Multiply that times 12 months, and I spent $1209.00 less this year than usual.

Restaurants:
Old average - $286.67 per month
New average - $230.85 per month
That means, this last year I spent $55.82 less per month than I used to.
Multiply that times 12 months, and I spent $669.85 less this year than usual.

Add that up, plus a few other places I've managed to use coupons, and I have saved $4892.34 this year.

Our lifestyle has been the same, or better.  I've been able to donate A LOT.  Coupons are such a blessing!

I will have a new job this year:  teacher, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to keep this up - especially at this level, but I hope to at least match my numbers, if not bring them lower.  :-)

Comments