HUGE coupon shopping 8/22

Whoa!  I went to 5 stores (well, 6 if you count something I had to return somewhere else) in less than 3 hours.  Some stores I had lists for, some I didn't, but in the end, I saved a ton and got A TON!  Look at all of this!!

 

Let's start from the left and work our way right along the counter:





I drove out to Columbia and went to 6 stores, all within 5 miles of each other.  :-)  First store was JoAnn Fabrics - returned something.  Then went next door to Target where I got:
2 jumbo packs Good Nights
2 6pks yogurt drinks
80pk glow in the dark butterflies for Kara's walls
floss picks
2 children's pain reliever
3 bags halls
2 5pks storage containers
2 shower curtain liners
free papermate pens
3 pks Kara's favorite Crayola markers
4 glue (for future homemade modge podge)
30pk gluesticks (for glue gun)
2 4pks tape
1 pink tape
3pk wall flowers (made from chalkboard - comes with chalk)
wrapping paper
ice cube tray (with flimsy bottoms so you can pop the ice/whatever out of it)
4 notebooks (decorated with fruit on it - so cute!)
purple dust pan with broom
2 bingo games for school - one is telling time and one is math (those are SO cool)

Originally $128.73
With sales and coupons and redcard, I spent $103.99
I saved $24.73, or 19%
Not huge savings, but I'm still stoked because I got lots of good stuff at everyday Target good prices.

Next I was on to the teacher store, which is called Learning How.  I haven't been able to find any books on teaching little kids spanish.  Everything is high school level.  So, I knew this teacher store would have something, and they did!!  I saw lots of neat posters and flash cards, but I thought they cost way too much and I could make them myself, so I just bought myself a little book with pretty colorful pictures for $4.99.

Then I went to the Dollar Tree for bags for Michael's company to fill with their company t-shirts and mugs.  While I was there, I found paper plates (for a dollar) for future art projects, paper clips for Kara (250 pack of colorful ones for a dollar - nice), and some notebook dividers (for Kara's home school portfolios).  So, I spent a total of $4 on stuff for me - I'm assuming I'll be reimbursed for the company stuff.

Next, I did the biggest coupon shopping yet, Harris Teeter.  You know I love Harris Teeter.  It's an upscale grocery store that always has amazing deals and a great coupon policy.  The best part - they have amazing customer service - the best I've ever seen.  So, here's what I got:
3 bags goldfish
2 bags chex mix
2 HUGE boxes cinnamon toast crunch
2 10pks minute maid juice boxes
4 double stuffed golden oreos
2 pkgs blue pens
wooden skewers (supposed to be for kabobs, but we're gonna craft with them)
4 pints starbucks ice cream
2 sour cream
coffee creamer
5 12pks Dr. Pepper

Originally $112.70
I spent $48.56
I saved $64.14, or 57%
YESSSSSS!!!!

Last but not least, I went to Office Depot for cheap school supplies.  I got:
10 folders
3 8pks pencils
3 pencil boxes

Originally $8.90
I spent $0.94
I saved $8.90, or 89%
WAHOOOOO!

Grand Total for the day:
Originally $259.32
I spent $162.48
I saved $96.84, or 37%

Wow, I'm actually really happy with those savings.  Mostly because of how much I got the whole day for only $162.48.  I'm impressed with myself.  lol!!!!  Yep, all in less than 3 hours.

Comments