Oh yeah, I need groceries CVS, Aldi 8/1

What was that I said about doing all my shopping for the week in one day?  Weeelllllll, I went back out.  (It turns out I really just did school supply shopping on Monday and didn't get any actual groceries.)  So, with company coming, I made a small list and bought what was on sale too.

CVS:
transaction #1:
3 suave body washes
4 suave deodorants
4 boxes lipton decaf tea
2 suave kids shampoo/conditioner
CVS brand gummy vitamins for kids
Total before sales/coupons:  $47.05
I spent:  $17.51
I saved:  $29.54, or 63%
(I used 1 ECB from last week, and I got 8 ECBS to use on the next transaction)

transaction #2:
6 boxes pop tarts
2 boxes cookies
5 carefree panty liners
Total before sales/coupons:  $32.15
I spent:  $7.90
I saved:  $24.25, 75%
(I used the 8 ECBs from the last transaction and earned 5 ECBs for next week)

Factoring in ECBs, I got $79.20 worth of stuff for $21.41, including tax.  I saved $57.79, or 73%

Then we went to Aldi:
$2.29 ea - 5 24pks bottled water
$1.59 - plain cheerios (aldi brand)
$3.99 - bag chopped walnuts
$0.89 - gummy bears (for a good little girl who was a patient angel during all of this shopping)
$1.79 - 1/2 gallon milk
$0.99 - frozen corn
$1.79 - capri suns (aldi brand)
$0.99 - fettuccine
$0.99 - linguine
$2.79 - 5 lbs potatoes
$0.99 - flour tortillas
$1.69 ea - 5 pints blueberries
$2.18 - 2 lbs red grapes
$1.39 - cooking spray
$0.85 ea - 2 loaves white bread
$0.89 ea - 3 bags marshmallows
I spent $45.55.
Not sure how much I saved - maybe I'll compare all of that to Walmart prices later.  Usually I would have spent about twice as much had I shopped at Walmart.

That's the most I've ever spent at Aldi, but look at all I got!!!  I'm the most excited about that awesome bottled water for only $2.29 a 24 pk and the cheap fresh blueberries.  Frozen blueberries are SO expensive, so buying them in season when they're fresh (and cheap) and freezing them myself is so much smarter!  5 pints is 10 cups, or 80 ounces.  I got all of that for $8.45 - compare that to a 16 oz bag for $4.99 and I think you'll be blown away.  (I need frozen blueberries, even though I don't like blueberries, for my fantastic bluberry muffin recipe I use year round.)

I was disappointed, though, with Aldi's lack of groceries.  I couldn't find frozen spinach, lasagna noodles, cornstarch, cornmeal, and a few other things.  Boo.

Comments