Monday, 10/1

I counted the tithe first thing this morning, which was awesome, as usual. Then I picked Kara up from my mom's house and we got home to get right to work at school.  The thing is, she has a cold and isn't feeling well - which made it hard to focus.  She did very well out of obedience, but she was a bit scattered and got Bs on both tests today.  There's nothing wrong with Bs, but I wonder if she could have done better if she focused more.  No biggie, there's always the next test.

Today was day #1 of the week we're doing 5 days worth of work in 4 days.  Today went great - we spent an hour and a half on school, then took a break for lunch and errands.  Then we worked for one hour finishing things up.  Man, it goes so smoothly when I am very prepared and my lesson plans are super organized.  Not to mention I don't dread it so much - instead I look forward to it.

When I taught her the basics of two-digit subtraction, I told her she could subtract anything.  Here she is doing:  999,999 - 654,321.  She's pretty proud of herself:



I got to have lunch AND dinner with my sister today, which adds up to a pretty spectacular day.  :-)

Well, I'm hoping Kara and I both get a good night's sleep because she has a cold and my throat is hurting already.  Boo.

Comments