Dining Room Light

The first thing on today's to do list was buy lights for the new kitchen.  I found several small pendant-type lights I want at Lowes, but now that the room is open to the dining room, I wanted to make sure they coordinated with that light.  So, I held off on the smaller lights until I found the perfect dining room chandelier.  I looked in Lowes, then Home Depot, and wasn't happy with any of those.  Then I went to the Annapolis Lighting Company, where there are loads of beautiful options.  Of course, my favorite one was $4,000, so I gently walked away from that one.  :-)  I ended up with this one, which is absolutely gorgeous.  A bit more contemporary than I thought I'd go with, but I adore it.  It sparkles like no one's business.  The camera doesn't show all the sparkle, but here it is in all of it's glory!!

Can you hear the angels singing?

These amazing hanging things sparkle like CRAZY!

Kara's favorite part is the pretty way it shines on the walls.  :-)

My mom graciously drove it home for me so my contractor could install it for me.  Meanwhile Kara and I headed out to see Lara and her girls.  Here are Kara and Emily jumping on the giant inflatable thing.  (Kara's in the red shirt and Emily is in the white shirt.)


Best buds, like their mommies

Then they helped little Ava jump - she's only three :-)

Tomorrow's list - buy hood for above the cooktop, and the smaller pentant lights for the rest of the kitchen. 

Comments