Once Upon a Child 10/16

Kara has been dying for more legos, but I didn't want to pay full price for them.  While she's CRAZY about them now, who knows if one week from now she'll be bored with them?  So, I put my coupon lady hat on and thought "where can I buy them for a cheap price?"  I ended up at Once Upon a Child, hoping and praying they had some, and they did!!  I found these (technically not legos, but they're mega bloks and fit nicely with legos, so they're just as good if you ask me).  Here's what they cost if you buy them brand new on amazon.com:

Yes, that says $150.  It's a giant box of 690 pieces, so that may be why.  I'm assuming we got all 690 pieces - there's definitely at least 600 pieces, which is plenty for Kara.  And I'm happy we didn't pay $150, I paid $10!

While I was there, I got 2 Magic Treehouse books ($1.50 each), a 6pk of books about a little boy and his doggy for $8.50, and 5 pairs of pants (4 are jeans) for Kara - for $31.50 for all 5 pants.  (Kara can fit into several pants and shirts from last year, so this may be all we have to buy for the year.  We already bought new socks and good quality pjs - which we wear all day when we're doing school - and we still need undies.)

My grand total for the day is $53 plus tax.  I was very happy with that!

Comments