Wednesday, 10/17

Kara spent the day with Grandma so I could take a friend to the doctor.  (2 doctors appointments + long commute to get there = all day event.  But, she's such a great friend that we loved chatting.  :-))  Kara's first pottery class was yesterday and her first art class (drawing) was today - she loves them both.  Pics coming later....

I'm finding staying away from the construction zone home during the day and coming home to see what surprise is waiting for me is way more fun than sitting 10 feet away from the hammering.  Today, I came home to find the framing up for my island and where the cooktop will be.

 Here's where my new island will be!

 Standing in the dining room, looking at where my cooktop will be (see how we came 2 feet into the dining room?), looking into the kitchen, and at the back of the picture - the family room

All the locations of the appliances were written in there and I was able to see how the spacing will feel.  So great!!


Dishwasher

 Sink

 Trash - it'll be so nice to have these tucked away in a lovely drawer

 Microwave - yep, it'll be built into the island as a drawer - no taking up precious counter space

 At the end, there's enough room for a few extra cabinets

Where my sink and dishwasher used to be.  Pretty soon, there'll be a fridge and double oven on that wall!

Tomorrow I'm buying lights, hoping they can be installed Friday (or at least the dining room one can).  On the to do list:  lights - lowes, drawer pulls - lowes, appliances - Sears.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
When we built on to the house when Ryan was a baby, we tried to stay away as much as possible too. They were always here by 7am banging. And that was before Hannah was in school so we didn't have to get up early! That was a long 3 months!
jessicaday said…
Welllll, my contractor works part time. He's never here before 10:30. And he's usually gone by 3 or 3:30. :)
Aren't you guys going to renovate again soon?