Kitchen Update

Life has gotten really crazy and the renovation is in full swing.  Ah, praise God!!  This has been such a blessing to me already.  Okay, here are some pictures:

Before:



Next step, wall down:



Today, cabinets out, all but two appliances out, floors up, lights out:



I put my stamp of approval on the final plans and we're ordering the cabinets first thing in the morning.  It's a little small, but let me walk you through the plans:

 View from above - island with sink, storage, 3 stools

 Here's the plans - most of these numbers don't mean much to me, but my contractor needs them.

 What you'll see as you walk in the front door down the hallway.  Sliding glass doors on your right, double ovens, fridge, cabinets, window in the middle, cooktop, hood, cabinets on the left.  Island in front.
Looking from the family room into the kitchen.  The dining room with the bay window is in the very back.

 Standing with my back to the fridge and looking at the island and out to the front door.  Starting from left to right, there's a cabinet, a built in microwave, trash, sink, dishwasher, and a set of drawers.

 Hutch/buffet right next to the basement door.  It'll be about one foot deep, but will extend the kitchen and be so beautiful.  The top cabinets will have glass fronts.  I think I'll use the pinterest idea and put gorgeous wallpaper in the backs of those.
Standing at the sliding glass door/family room, looking into the kitchen.

I picked all electrolux appliances, just need to purchase them.  Lighting was decided on, just need to purchase them.  Floors will be wide plank cherry wood all throughout the first floor.  Island cabinets will be dark chestnut cherry wood and all other cabinets will be white maple cabinets.  Whoa.  Pinch me.

For the grandparents reading this:  I have more home school and Kara pictures that I'll be posting soon!  Life is super crazy these days while I am making decisions for the kitchen.  I haven't had much time to post.  :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
WOOHOO! Can't wait to see the completed project!
jeday0323 said…
Me either! Unfortunately, we're thinking it won't be done until around Dec 1. Well, all good things come to those who wait, right? :-)