The Appliances

In addition to all the lights you saw in the previous post (5 of them), and the hood, I bought 4 more major appliances yesterday:  fridge, double wall ovens, cooktop, and dishwasher.

Here's the story:
I did all the research, told the cabinet designers exactly what I wanted (remember, I've been thinking about this for a long time), headed straight to Sears and found a salesperson.  I said, you'll be glad you found me - I need 4 appliances and know exactly what I want.  Let's get right to a register.  Awesome!  So, we used the internet to find the model numbers and all that he needed to ring me up.  Meanwhile, every time we pulled up an appliance (we were searching by name brand and my other criteria), there was the one I chose and a prettier one right next to it.  Every time.  I thought about changing my mind, but they were a bit more expensive, so I decided against it.  This guy was very professional and helped me decide on which appliances to get warranties on.  So great.  We finished everything and I applied for a Sears credit card to get 15% off.  Yes!  15% off is so great - especially when I'm spending a small fortune!  Then I asked if there were any other deals since I was buying so many of the same brand of appliances, so we looked for rebates.  We found a great one, but I didn't buy the right appliances to qualify for it.  Guess which ones I needed to buy?  Yep, all the prettier ones that cost a bit more - time for an upgrade!  lol!  That poor guy.  I asked him if it was too late to undo everything we did and get all different appliances.  He said, of course not.  We'll void it all and start over.  I asked if I just ruined his day and he said, "I work on commission, so all the upgrades you're getting I am benefiting from."  :-)  What a nice attitude!  Needless to say, his manager had to come over and he did a bazillion transactions to get it all right.  I was there over an hour - so much for being decided!  (It actually turned out to be more like 12 transactions.  At the bottom of each transaction is a survey to say how well the sales associate did and you better believe I'm doing them all!  I've done 5 so far and am getting ready to do the rest now.)

That was the story, now on to the appliances.  They are so pretty and I'm SO happy with my decision to change my mind.  With the 15% savings, the rebate from Electrolux, and the rebate from my gas and electric company for getting a new fridge, I'm still UNDER budget.  Don't you just love it when that happens?  :-)

 Cooktop - 6 glorious gas burners - 36in. wide so my pots won't be crowded

 Dishwasher - super quiet, super pretty, tons of settings

 Fridge - counter depth, gorgeous handles, ah, perfect

Double wall ovens - both full sized, both convection, all digital controls

Again, I am so glad I switched the appliances.  I was literally getting a lump in my throat spending all that money on the other ones and wishing I had these instead.  I can't wait to play with them.  Eeeee!!

Comments