Field Trip

Today we went on our first "official" field trip.  We went as a home school group apple picking.  We were able to get pumpkins too.  It was about a 45 minute - hour drive, so a few of us drove together so the kids could play on the way, which turned out to be a great idea.  :-)

 
Here's my pretty girl picking her apples

 
A friend stepped in to get one of both of us


We went to the same place last year, so I had to get the same picture, one year later


Little Frankenstein, herself

Meanwhile, my contractor was working on "the wall" while I was gone.  He wanted to see exactly what's inside so he knows what he's in for and can start estimating my bill.  *gulp*  I was so excited to come home to see this:


He even said I can clear out that whole side of the kitchen and he'll start tearing it down NEXT WEEK!!  EEkk!  So, so excited.  I know I'll sing a different tune (don't worry, I won't actually sing) in a month when I just want my kitchen back, but I am just having way too much fun with this so far.  :-)

On top of it all, Michael is home early (since he worked too many hours this week) and packing up for fishing tomorrow, which means he has the biggest grin on his face.  AND he is off Monday.  So, I will be convincing him to take me to Chick fil A for dinner tonight.  He doesn't like it there, but always gives me what I want, so maybe he'll eat next door at Wendys.

The rest of the weekend I'll be working on clearing out my kitchen.  Wahooo!!!!

I didn't post yesterday, so I thought I'd show you a few pictures.  Have I mentioned that doing 5 days of work in 4 days was fabulous?  School is picking up again and we'll have some new tough lessons next week.  We'll try it again.

This week Kara has a cold, so to stop the snot, she wrapped a "night night" (like a hankerchief) around her head!  lol!  I had to take a picture.  I'm sure as a teenager she'll be SO glad that one made it to the internet.  :-D

 Snot catcher

Here she is with our art project.  Anything artistic or crafty makes her tick.  Unfortunately I don't know what I'm doing, but thank heavens for pinterest!  We got the idea from there and made little monsters out of toilet paper rolls.  She loved this idea so much, she made 4 more.  :-)

Isn't this a great picture of Kara?

Her little monster

Have a great long weekend everyone!  xoxo

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I was going to say how great of a picture that is of Kara even before I saw that you said it! =) She looks so grown up and just like her mom here!
jessicaday said…
Aw, thank you, Elisbaeth. :D