Good Week

It's been a really good week here at the Day house.  The kitchen looks very different already with the wall gone.  Our contractor has been here just about every day to work on electrical work - not as exciting as removing a wall, but important, nonetheless.  The chandelier was removed and the wires were moved to be recentered in the ceiling, the light switch was moved since it was on the wall that was taken down, several electrical sockets have been moved/installed that were on the old wall and in preparation for the new layout.

We got another plan back from the designer, which is going in the right direction to perfection, but the contractor can't move forward at this point without everything solidified.  So, we're going to try to all meet on Monday to finish the design once and for all, and I'll be able to pick out cabinets.  I already know what countertops I want, and I've been given the go-ahead to start shopping for appliances and light fixtures.  We already talked about a great design for recessed lighting, and oh yeah, what on earth are we going to do with the powder room and mudroom.  We were able to discuss all of that today and I really hope Monday we'll be able to move forward!

In the mean time, I'll be clearing out the rest of my kitchen so he can take the rest of it all down and start building the new walls for the new layout and moving the sink pipes.  And we have to see if I'll be able to stick to the budget.  I may be a *smidge* over.  ;-)

School has taken a backseat this week.  This is why we started so early in August, so we could take several weeks off when the time came for the renovation.  Just so you see where we are, public schools are on day #32, but several of those have been half days.  We are on day #39 (and we plan to do day #40 tomorrow), so we're 8 days ahead, which is about a week and a half.  Next week may be crazy, but it's only partly due to the kitchen, and partly due to Kara's art classes.  Tuesday she has a 2 hour pottery class, and Wednesday she has a 2 1/2 hour drawing class.  They're both pretty far away so I won't have time to come home and go back to make the trip worth it.  Sounds like a great time to go shopping for appliances while I'm out!

I hope your week was great, like mine.  :-)  Happy Friday!

Comments