Commissary 10/1

Way back on the first of October, I did a super shopping day at the commissary.  I look at what's on sale, what I have coupons for, and what I plain need no matter what, and I stock up.  Usually about 4 times a year I get tons of convenience foods, all kinds of pasta, all kinds of meat, etc.  Then in between those huge visits, I get milk and bread, that sort of thing.  I did hit a jackpot when I saw goldfish on sale for a dollar and got lots of cheap cleaning products, and I found LOADS of meat on sale (it was frozen, so it was on sale for less than $2 each).  I left everything (that didn't need to go to the fridge or freezer) on my counters for a few days because it was just so much stuff to put away, but I never did get a picture of it.  I did spend $285, which is so, so much, BUT I've been spending an average of $50 a week for so long, and now my average is like $15 a week.  :-)  It'll all work out.

Now that the kitchen renovation is well underway, I stocked up on easy, convenient food, and don't plan to spend any unnecessary money for a while.

Just so I'll have a picture for the day, here's an oldie, but a goodie.  I finally put Kara's new winter comforter on her bed last night and got a smile on my face when I saw the price tag:


Comments