Hurricane's a comin'!

 
Copied from weather.com

It is still pretty far out, but it looks like there is a hurricane coming our way.  We usually get 1 a year, and I'm hoping this is the one for this year.  After last year's basement flood (remember that?), we asked the contractor to put the kitchen on hold for the day and focus on setting us up with a battery back up sump pump.  I SO hope we don't lose power, but if we do, we'll have a working sump pump.  :-)  AND, after last year's flood, we totally dug up the outside pipes and re-did where the sump pump poured out of the house and that's all new too.  We're good to go for dryness - with or without power!

You know what, I kind of hope there's a lot of hype and everyone is forced to stay home.  I am exhausted with all I've been doing and CAN'T WAIT for a snow day.  I guess a hurricane day will do.  :-)  Seriously, though, after next week, I plan to say no to a lot more things - my plate is way too full.

Sorry no pics, but you know what a sump pump looks like, right?

Comments