Big Purchases

Today was a day of big shopping.  And I mean BIG.  WHOA.  I bought nearly all of my appliances and the smaller lights.  We'll save pictures of the fridge, dishwasher, ovens, and cooktop for tomorrow.  Today I'll show you the lights I bought.  Three will go in a line above the island like pendants, and there will be one centered above the window.  I bought an extra - maybe to go in the powder room, maybe as a fourth above the island, I can't decide.  I saved the receipt - it may go back


Style Selections 8-in W Chrome Pendant Light with Textured Shade
It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but you can see there's lots of jewels and chrome.  Ah, sparkle.  :-)

I also bought the hood that's going over the cooktop.  I do not like hoods, for the record.  It turns out that a gas cooktop (especially one as large as mine) really needs a hood for proper ventilation.  *sigh*  Fine.  So, we (the lady to designed my cabinetry layout and I) picked one that is glass on the bottom, so it wouldn't be so intrusive.  And, there will be more sparkle.  Here's what it looks like:



Comments