Hurricane Sandy

So far, so good.  It's pretty bad outside, but no trees have fallen on our house.  I'm super happy to not have any giant, thick trees around that can do any real damage.  (Remember the one in our backyard that fell on our patio table?  Those are about the biggest we have.  Maybe do some damage if they fell on the house, but wouldn't kill us.  Not to sound flippant, but that's what I'm worried about in a hurricane.)

We still have power, which makes me very happy.  I'm kind of surprised we still do, but I'm expecting it to go out in the night.  I've searched every window, every corner of the attic, every inch of the basement, and everything is bone dry.....so far.  ;-)

It's been a crazy weather day - the rain started yesterday and has been raining for more than 24 hours and it still isn't directly over us yet.  This system is h-u-g-e.

So, we're biding our time until the power goes out and enjoying the mandatory stay-at-home family time until then.

Comments