Good weekend

I got a ton done this weekend.  While I worked on cleaning out half my kitchen, Kara came down to "make a greenhouse."  After using a bit of plastic wrap, a few straws, and some tape, she did just that!  A greenhouse!  It's sad and cool that my 6 year old has surpassed my abilities in this subject.


Whew, cleaning out this much of my kitchen took hours, but it was great because I could go through everything.  Look at all my spices!  I only ended up throwing away a few of these, but since I needed to put it in a box on a different shelf, in a box, I put labels on the tops of each one so I could still read them quickly.


Do I have too much time on my hands or am I really just that anal retentive?  Eh, maybe a little bit of both.  But, you love me anyway, don't you.  :-)


I have just the bare minimum basics in my kitchen now - and they're in shelves NOT against the wall that is coming down this week.  I labeled each cabinet that does have something in it so poor Michael could find his way in there.  :-)  He reeeeeeally hates it when I change stuff on him and he can't find anything.  Poor baby.  He sure has a mean wife.

Got all laundry done, cleaned out basement kitchen and got it ready to use during the renovation (including a bunch of nasty mold in the fridge), swept the floor, and organized a bunch.  AND I got all the prep work done for school next week.  AND I'm a day or so ahead on my Bible study.  AND I watched the whole second season of Downton Abby.  It's a really good show.

Well, it's Sunday night, The Adjustment Bureau just started, and I'm settled in with pjs.  It's such a good movie - Matt Damon stars in a weird sci fi movie with a Christian undertone and a beautiful love story.  Yep, love it.  If you haven't seen it yet, watch it.

Comments