Still moving forward

Today my contractor did a TON.  Unfortunately, electrical work is hard to see in before and after pictures.  I decided on all the final lighting stuff, where each and every outlet would be, where each and every light switch would be (AND which ones would have a dimmer).  Whew!  All I had to do was make the decisions and I was overwhelmed.  Let me just say, my contractor is doing a wonderful job.

The designer approved my appliances, which is great news, and the hood will be here in the morning, which is great news.  (Lowes was telling me 3 weeks!)

Here's a picture of what our kitchen looks like today:


He also worked on lighting.  Ah, that eyesore of a flourescent light (that hasn't worked very well for the past few YEARS) is down!  Yay!  I will have 2 rows of 4 recessed lighting (you can see some of them).  Then, above the cooktop will be a beautiful hood and two more recessed lights.  Then, running down the middle of the 2 rows, will be 3 of those lovely pendant lights.  And don't forget the 4th pendant in front of the window.  :-)
My fridge has been moved to the other side of the kitchen, where the mud room is, which is what we're currently using as a kitchen.  Wanna see what it looks like?


Sink, toaster oven, coffee maker, fridge, trash.  What else do you need?  ;-)  (Well, it helps that we only eat breakfast at home.  No lunch, no dinner.)  :-)  Yesterday I said, I'll just make a grilled cheese for lunch.  Then I thought, wait, I have no where to cook it!  lol!  A toasted turkey sandwich worked out just fine, btw.  :-)

Tomorrow is going to be another great day!

Comments