Storm

Today we were supposed to get the worst snow storm of the winter season.  I heard anywhere between 2 and 15 inches.  Yeah.  I started to get skeptical right there.  Then it was well into the 40s for several days in a row and sunny and 47 yesterday.  Even if we got snow, I was thinking it won't be that much and won't stick much.  It turns out there's a few ice patches in my yard/sidewalk/driveway, but generally it's rainy.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to shovel, but dumping loads of rain can flood all of our basements.  Especially with the wind gusts we've been getting possibly knocking the power out (and not letting your sump pump work).

Fortunately, it's been uneventful.  We slept in (a bit), Michael was home from work, we enjoyed a long breakfast (which means I could finish my whole giant mug of coffee), then we did loads of school - I think it's about 2 days of work - and now I'm working on chores.  Well, laundry.  ;-)  I'm getting ready to start a big old pot of chili with my yummy homemade cornbread recipe to go along side of it for dinner.

I'm bummed out because I worked really hard on something for a friend and she was going to watch Kara for me all day so I could just hang out with my mom - something I rarely get to do now that Kara isn't in school 7 hours a day anymore.  I had been looking forward to this for a really long time.  It took a while to get this exact date perfect for everyone's schedules, and then I couldn't end up going.  AND, we never did get snow, so I should have gone out!

Poor weathermen.  It's so hard for them to predict weather here in Maryland.  With the mountains, the ocean, and all sorts of jet streams going on, they never know what's going to happen.  Technically we're about 15 miles or less from the Chesapeake Bay (as the crow flies), which keeps it warmer here.  That's a good thing all year, until summer.  Then we roast.  Anyway, this storm had so many variables, they didn't know what to say.  Hence the 2 to 15 inches prediction.  Then it changed to 5 to 10, then 3 to 6, and now they're saying less than 2 inches.  *sigh*  The whole state closed down....just in case.  ;-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Weathermen have a hard time predicting in any state! They were calling for 1-3 inches here and we didn't even get a dusting.