Friday, March 22nd

Firstly, I woke up to Michael at work today.  I guess he's better - or at least well enough to function at work.  Good news, indeed!

Kara and I started our day skyping with Mamaw.  We got to learn about the first man who walked on the moon.  We also visited for a little while, which is always nice!

Then we got going on school.
First, Bible.  Kara's working on finishing the beattitudes.  She's got verses 3-10 memorized.  Just another verse or two and we'll be ready to video it!  (Btw, the last video wouldn't upload to my blog, which is why it seems like so long since our last video post.)  Then we finished talking about Elisha.  Next week, we're on to Josiah.  I am not sure I know the story of Josiah, so I'm looking forward to learning with Kara.
Next was Reading.  We finished the book we were reading and started a new one.  It's really cool - it's called Growing Up Where Jesus Lived.  We started with a map and a quick introduction.  Then we dug right in with "What would your house look like?"  We learned what the houses were made of, what the walls, floors, roofs, beds, etc were like.  Kara really liked learning about this and we just kept going and going.  I'm so glad because I think learning about other cultures and how they live/lived is fascinating and I think it's good for her to see life everywhere isn't as blessed as our current comfy USA living.
Then came spelling.  She just had to spell the words she got wrong on the pre test.  Today she needed to master:  echo, echoes, brought, taught, telephone, and chorus.  Other moms:  are these the kind of words your second grader is learning/learned at the end of their second grade year?
Next was a math test.  Is there any way to make tests fun?  I write for her since she loathes writing, but that's as far as I got for making it less painful.  It took a while, but we got through it and she did very well.
We finished up with Phonics - we did some review and finished with learning what an abbreviation was and how to abbreviate all of the days of the week.
When we were done, Kara wanted to read more of the Growing Up Where Jesus Lived.

Now we're done, lunch has been eaten, dinner is in the crock pot, and I really should run to the store - I need hamburger rolls to go with the pulled pork that is in the crock pot.

Tomorrow is my anniversary.  Remember, we celebrate our first date anniversary more than our wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow will be 11 years after our first date.  I still remember it like it was yesterday and love Michael so, so much.  :-)

Comments