Science Fair Project

Warning:  this post has loads of pictures.  Happy scrolling!

After a full day of school (which really is 2 days worth), we decided to get our science fair project out of the way.  This is in our home school group and all kids are ages kindergarten to second grade, so this isn't really about the project, it's about the poster board and presenting something to the group at the fair.  So, we searched Kara's science text book and pinterest, and found an idea that was in both AND we just learned about the water cycle last week.  So, she picked doing a project on the water cycle.

We started with me teasing Kara with the camera.  I bet you can see our conversation just by the pictures.  :-)












Okay, this is how we do science experiments in home school.  First we need to be having fun and giggling, then we can REALLY learn.  :-)

I thought this would be a nice way to heat the water - in the coffee pot.  (I hope you didn't have any doubt that I had a purple coffee pot.  OF COURSE I do!)

 But it didn't really steam up quickly enough because the water wasn't hot enough.

So, we brought the water almost to boiling this time.

Then added ice to the place to simulate a cold front.

Then we watched it rain inside the jar.

Well, it kinda rained against the inside of the jar.

Here she is working on the big poster board.

And the final product.  She and I worked on just about everything, and all the wording is her own words.  It's really cute.  :-)

Side note:  science fair projects are so much easier than when I was little - the internet, pinterest, and computers that make text look beautiful sure make it a cinch!

Well, I'm bushed.  I'm enjoying a nice bowl of ice cream and then I'm going to shower and go to bed.  Good night, all!

Comments