Quick post

Hey there.  Just thought I'd post a quick update with what we've been up to.  Mostly the same old, same old, which is good stuff if you ask me.

Here's a picture of Kara reading during school this week:


She had a friend over to read with her.  ;-)


Today we were able to listen to a pretty gray bird sing her heart out.  I'm so happy the birds are coming back.  I like the cold weather of winter more than the sweltering summer heat, but spring and fall are my absolute delights!  We are blessed to experience all 4 seasons in all their glory here in Maryland, and I'm excited one of my favorite seasons is around the corner!


This is my bedroom window.  We have a gorgeous cherry tree right in our front yard, which makes my bedroom feel like a treehouse.  When that cherry tree blooms with it's pink and white flowers in the spring, it's spectacular.  The green leaves all summer are gorgeous - green is one of my favorite colors.  Then in the fall, the leaves go from green to yellow.  Amazing.  And I get a front row seat from my bed.  :-)


Today's plans:  print out state curriculum requirements for 2nd and 3rd grade for next year.  I need to wade through all of that to make sure we did everything required for 2nd grade because I plan to move onto 3rd grade with Kara next year.


 This is something I've been needing to do for a while now, but I thought I'd post it on here for a little accountability so I'd finally do it.  Oh, in that case, I should post that I'm going to definitely clean bathrooms today.  Why is that chore so awful?

Happy Sunday!  :-)

Comments