Michael's Sick Again

I woke up this morning to Michael calling in sick to work.  He pushes through everything except stomach bugs, so I was pretty sure that was what he had.  Yep, that's what it is.  Kara and I have been hanging out together, just the two of us, trying to give Michael his space.  I hate when he's sick.  :-(  And now I'm nervous Kara or I will get it....

The good news about all that time with Kara:  we got loads of school done.  Kara's really getting into "America," which is her little 2nd grade version of History.  Ever since we started studying Pilgrims, Indians (yes, our curriculum isn't super politically correct), and Colonists, she has been dying for more and more.  Which is a good thing because the boring stuff at the beginning of the school year (when/how/why the Star Spangled Banner was written) went slowly and we need to do some catching up.

My goal for school is to finish by April 30th.  May is going to be a very busy month, so I'd really like to be done with school and not have that hanging over my head.  If we continue at the current pace, we should finish by then just fine.  Then we're going to start back up again in July (so we can take the whole month of December off).

Comments

Kattrina said…
You should take her to the National Museum of the American Indian. She would probably love that if she's into that time period.
jeday0323 said…
Ooooo, I've never been. Thanks for the tip, Kattrina! :-)