Bath and Body Works 3-13-13

I needed to go to Bath and Body Works and I needed to stock up.  I was prepared to spend a lot of money because I haven't been to that store in a while.  I had 2 $10 off $30 purchase coupons, so I knew I could get at least $60 worth of stuff and get good deals.

I needed:  lots of soaps (I get one, Kara gets one, one goes in the powder room, and one goes in the kitchen)
I also needed my new favorite scent:  Twilight Woods.  I needed lotion, and maybe some more goodies (sugar scrub?) - I really like this scent.
And lastly, I needed:  3 small travel sized Twilight Woods lotions for my mom, sister, and me.

So, I asked the helpful lady up front what their sales/deals were and maximized them.

The soaps were 4 for $15, 6 for $20, or 9 for $30.  Since I knew I had a $10 off $30 purchase, I went ahead and got 9.  Instantly they went from $5 each to $2.22 each with my $10 coupon.  Good deal!

Next came my new favorite scent.  They were having a deal - buy 2 get 1 free, or buy 3 get 2 free.  Since I knew I'd use all that I bought, I knew buy 3 get 2 free was a better deal.  And so I did - get 5 things.
2 sugar scrubs - originally $16.50 each
2 body lotions - originally $11.00 each
1 body creme - originally $12.50
Original total - $67.50 - get 2 $11 lotions free, makes it $45.50.  Then you subtract my second $10 coupon, which makes it $35.50.
Divide $35.50 by 5 items, and that price goes down to $7.10 each, roughly half the price.  YES!

Lastly, I needed the purse sized lotions.  They were $5 each, but on sale 3 for $10, so I saved $5 right there.

Original price, with tax:  $139.92
I spent:  $69.45
I saved:  $70.47, which is 50.4%


Btw, I realize even with savings, this may be a frivolous thing to spend money on.  At this point in my life, I find we are living comfortably and I can indulge in something.  I could get my hair done regularly, my nails done, hire someone to clean my house, get a new car, etc.  Instead, I just want fancy soap.  And when I get it at $2.22 each, it's worth it to me.  We always had the big jug refill kind you get generic at the commissary growing up - it was not a luxury my parents chose to spend money on back then.  But, you see, it's kind of my thing.  And I want Kara to have her own that she gets to pick out for her sink.  Call me crazy, but I love it.  Every single pump of the soap, every time I use the "fancy" sugar scrub, I feel like a queen.  It doesn't take much.  ;-)

Oh yeah, two transactions means two receipts.  And both had $10 off $30 purchases on them!!  They don't expire and I WILL be using them again.  :-)

Comments