Next Year's Bible Study

I'm looking for a Bible study for Kara for next year.  This year we've had a fantastic book that has been great for Kara.  It's extremely close to the Bible and allows me to share the real facts of battles, war, and the amazing things God did and who He is, without things that are inappropriate for kids her age.  One example is Bathsheba and David's relationship.  It was explained very well and accurately, without anything that would have her asking me questions...if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I bought this book of the Old Testament with 30 lessons with the intentions to do one lesson a week.  With 170 days of school in our curriculum, 5 days a week makes 34 weeks.  I figured we'd pick our favorite 4 and do those over again at the end.  For the first half of the school year, one lesson a week worked out very well.  It is quite a bit of material and the questions at the end were great for comprehension.  But now, with Kara's knowledge, maturity, and mental ability skyrocketing, she's thirsty for more and more every day.  She hates when our Bible lesson is over.  I'm thinking, it shouldn't be ending then!

Next year while we're doing our own curriculum, I'd like to make Bible a very large portion of our school day.  I'd like to spend one or two days on a lesson, instead of one lesson a week.  Kara really likes learning the stories of the Bible, with a little lesson about applying it to our lives at the end.  I feel like I've been told in several ways in several places that children learn best from stories.  (Meaning, I am not looking for a concept led study like adults use.)

So, I guess all of that to say please keep your eyes out for something good, and/or please pray that I find what God is wanting me to find.  :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I'm sure you have heard me talk about my bible club lessons a lot. It is by far the best curriculum I have ever had bc it goes so much deaper than just the stories in the bible, which are obviously important, but the stories are just scratching the surface for the greatest story of all: God having a plan since the very beginning to save a dying world. So without even knowing it, the kids are learning the bible stories but also being witnessed to in just about every single lesson. it is quite expensive. I think I paid $70 just for the teachers book and a dvd with several movies that go along with the lessons. It is by Regular Baptist Press and it is their "It's grow time, junior church" book. I've been teaching and using a lot of material in my ss teacher years and I've never enjoyed anything this much and I feel like the kids like it.