Lane Bryant 3-13-13

Whew!  This girl loves sales!  I guess I should have taken pictures, it would have been more interesting, but all these new clothes are spinning in my washing machine right now....

I love Lane Bryant - the clothes are made for plus sized women - unlike Walmart and Target clothes that are just larger versions of smaller clothes.  (You'll understand if you're plus sized.)   BUT, the clothes are very expensive.  So, I went straight to the back of the store for the sales racks - most of the clothes were already on sale for $5-15 off, then they were an additional 70% off.  Yay!

First was a black shirt with white stripes.  Apparently it was a great find, according to the lady at the register, it's one of their nicest brands.  All I know is it was insanely comfortable, cool (thin), and looked pretty good.
Original price:  $59.95
On sale for:  $39.99
Additional 70% off:  I paid:  $12.00

Black jean skirt (don't worry, it doesn't look as 80s as it sounds).  It's pencil shaped, which is nice because that's a flattering shape on anyone.
Original price:  $49.99
On sale for:  $29.99
Additional 70% off:  I paid:  $9.00

White, Orange, Green, Blue - slightly big, thick, soft v-neck shirts.  I've been looking for something better than the bleach stained sweatshirts I've been sleeping in this winter, and I think this is my solution.
Original price:  $26.95 each
On sale for:  $19.99 each
Additional 70% off:  I paid:  $6.00 each

Long sleeved shirt with pretty sequins around the neckline.  Think, casual elegance (not tacky sequins on a snowman sweatshirt).  They had one that was my size (pink), and 2 that were too big that I'm going to try to shrink (black, blue/violet).
Original price:  $39.95 each
On sale for:  $19.99 each
Additional 70% off:  I paid:  $6.00 each

I've been needing camis for a while now.  I believe in modest dressing and don't like showing my cleavage.  So, I wear tank tops under some of my shirts, but even those are too low cut sometimes!  So, I found an orange cami that is higher cut with pretty lace at the top and bottom.  Then I found a blue one too!
Original price:  $26.95 each
On sale for:  $24.99 each
Additional 70% off:  I paid:  $7.50 each

Finally, I tried on a tank top, which was a little small up top, and made my stomach look a little pregnant, but was so comfy and such an amazing color.  I was trying to figure out if I should buy it anyway, when I realized I could buy it for Lara - my bestie who is having a summer baby and would look fantastic in it!
Original price:  not sure
On sale for:  $32.99
Additional 70% off:  I paid:  $6.50

The grand total for all of the original prices works out to $449.95 with tax.  Holy Moly.
Fortunately the sales were awesome, but I had an extra ace in the hole.  I used some discover points to get a free $25 gift card.
So, the sales dropped me down to $89.57, but after my $25 gift card, I only paid.....

$64.57

Thank you, thank you.

I saved $385.38, which is 86%.  :-)

Comments