HUGE shopping day

What a day!  It was all good, but I shopped like crazy.  I went to 3 different places for my coupon shopping job, then I took Kara to Target afterwards, so I guess 4 stores.  Not to mention Bible study and a trip to the bank.  My day was full!

Aldi and Walmart were great, especially Aldi.  I got TONS of produce, cheese, milk, baking goods, etc, for $56.35.  It beat the pants off even walmart prices.

But I'm most excited about Harris Teeter.  Today was the first day of their week of tripling coupons.  So, I dug out my $0.75 coupons and used as many as possible, since they tripled to $2.25!!

I spent $41.77.  This is what $41.77 looks like at Harris Teeter:


2 organic milks, 3 boxes decaf tea, 3 boxes dishwasher tablets, 1 box capri sun, 1 box gogurts.

Thanks to coupons, their sales, and triples week (not to mention my hard work and a very nice $10 off $50 coupon), I got $114.38 worth of stuff for $41.77.  My $41.77 looks like this:

6 organic milks/silk, 3 boxes decaf tea, 3 boxes dishwasher tablets, 4 boxes capri suns, 6 boxes gogurts,  12 single yogurts, teriyaki sauce, 3 4pks greek yogurt, 3 lbs oranges, 3 lbs apples, dawn dish soap, 4 bags halls cough drops.

Pretty great, huh?  The store will only double (or this week, triple) 20 coupons a day, so I'll be going back later this week to triple 20 more coupons!!

I am super tired, but in a good way, it was a good day.  I'll probably be snoring before 10.  :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
You tricked me! After the first picture I was thinking, "that doesn't look like very much stuff for $40!" Then i read on and saw what you really got! Great job!
jessicaday said…
Lol! The details on how much each thing costs is boring after a while, but showing you how far the money goes before coupons and after is more fun. That AND I was wondering if anyone still reads this blog. :-)