Catch up with a busy girl

What have I been up to?  I know that's what you've been wanting to ask me.  ;-)

Friday was mine and Michael's 10 year anniversary of our first date, which you know we celebrate more than our wedding anniversary.  We went back to the same restaurant as that night (and even ordered the same food!)  Then went to the same movie theater and saw the Hunger Games.

Saturday I spent HOURS clipping coupons and organizing them - I had a huge amount to go through.  It was so awesome, but it sure wore me out.  (That may sound silly to you, but it literally took about 3 hours to clip, and 3 more to organize!)  What was Kara doing while I was busy?  She and Michael spent the morning making paper airplanes and racing them.  Then she helped me organize the coupons - it actually was really helpful!  In the middle of the day we went to the semi annual Avon party at a good friend's house.  Cheap makeup and jewelry and hand bags AND good friends and food?  Not to mention my mom, sister, and daughter went with me.  Yeah, it was a great afternoon.  After a long day, I spent quite a bit of time in the Word for some refueling.

Sunday was church - a wonderful sermon, and the music was all my favorite songs.  Unfortunately I couldn't sing them because of the huge tears I was crying for my sweet Savior.  Ah, I just love Him so much, it's overwhelming sometimes.

Sunday afternoon I spent on emails, bills, and chores.  One of the emails was from our friends we usually go on our cruises with - yep, you guessed it, they were asking if we could go this year.  Our trip to the outer banks this year is going to take a hit on Michael's leave at work, and of course the fishing tournament schedule takes up MANY weekends, so we had to plan around that.  But, we found ONE window this whole summer and great prices for a cruise during that time, so we signed up!  Then those friends came over to play bridge and talk about the cruise.

Monday I counted the tithe at church, swept and vacuumed, had lunch with a friend, bought our tickets for the cruise, made more phone calls (cable company, that sort of thing), did emails, and got part of dinner ready.  My family came over for their company meeting and dinner afterwards that night instead of Tuesday this week.  My mom bought, marinated, and grilled the steaks, I was in charge of sides - salad, smashed potatoes, and grands biscuits.  Then I cleaned it all up and headed to bed, where I played on the computer and watched a little tv.

Today is Tuesday and I had breakfast and coffee with my mom.  Now I'm getting ready to go for a power walk with my friend on the Kent Island walking trail over the bay bridge, then I'll stop at Aldi on the way home and think about what I'm making for dinner tonight.  I'm thinking pasta something - I have some leftover sauce.

Whew!  I'm glad I didn't go back to work when Kara started school.  I have no idea when I would get all of this done.  I have total respect for working moms who DO get all this done!  You go girls!!

Comments