CVS and Shoprite 3-9-12

I did a pretty good job at CVS today, if I do say so myself.  :-)  They didn't have one of the deals, I had to change another deal on the fly, and a new deal popped up last minute.  Here's what I got:


My favorite was the nail polish.  I got a $3 coupon for nail polish that cost 4.79, then I got 3 ECBs for it.  So, I made 1.21 buying it.  Sweet!

(Maybe by now you're saying, 'how could she need all of this?'  And, 'She's been buying an insane amount of chips this week.'  Let me just say, my sister's husband eats chips like my husband eats cookies.  So, all the chips are for her and she will be buying them from me at the cheap price I paid.  Also, the laundry detergent my mom bought from me - they use the dye free, scent free stuff.  The jelly beans were free, I made money on the nail polish, and everything else ended up being free.  If I don't need all the free stuff I picked up, I'll certainly donate it.)

I went to Shoprite to pick up:
$0.99 eggs (got 4 dozen for $3.96 total)
$1.79 flour (got 3 5lb bags for $5.37 total)
laundry detergent for $1.77 (got 4 for $7.08 plus $0.43 tax)
cereal for $1.75 (got 4 boxes for $7 total)
I thought I was going to get canned tomato sauce for a really good price, but I couldn't find the coupon, so I got them for $0.66.  Huh.  Actually, that's still really good - they're giant cans.
Saved $0.15 for bringing my own bags.
My total there was $21.21.
I saved $20.25 (and only used 1 coupon! - the rest were sales)
I saved 49%

I also started my new job as a personal shopper today and LOVED every second of it!  I saved her some money and made some for myself in the process.  Everybody's happy!

Comments