Finally

I finally feel like I've heard from God that it is time for me to take the next step in my life.  I feel led to start my own business coupon shopping for other people.  I prayed and prayed basically since Kara went to school, and either I didn't hear Him or He knew I wasn't ready yet, but I really feel like this is what I am supposed to do.  So, I spent a few days super excited about it, but too chicken to get started.  Finally, I had the nerve to post something on Facebook asking for my first customers.  I had such an overwhelming response in less than one hour!  Praise God!  I can tell there's a real interest out there.  I thought for sure my mom friends who work full time would be first in line, but my mom friends who stay home and have multiple kids are the ones who need the most help.  So, I set up two interviews, one of which had to be postponed, and I started getting my act together and deciding how I'm going to do this.  My first interview went great and she hired me on the spot.  I have her list in hand, and am ready to shop, as a job, for the first time, tomorrow.  Ah, I'm SO revved up about this!  I can't stop using exclamation marks!  :-D

Now I need to go get myself a receipt book so I can keep track of things so I can pay taxes.  If the business grows, I hope to do a lot more marketing and outreaching to get more customers, but for right now, I'm comfortable with one person, and the second on the horizon.  If this fizzles out after only a month or so, that's fine too, but if it keeps going, I'll have a little extra money for the good old kitchen fund.  I'm feeling so blessed.  Isn't it everyone's dream to make money at their hobbies?

Comments

Vicky said…
Very interesting! Best wishes!
jessicaday said…
Thanks, Mom. I already had my first day at my new job and it was amazing. I know you think I'm crazy, but I'm having fun! :-D