Shopping Totals For This Week 9/18-9/23

My shopping totals for this week were:

CVS (two things) - FREE
Weis (2 milks, 8 apples) - $10
ShopRite - $9
Target - $29
Once Upon a Child (10 shirts, 2 toys) - $48 (filled up the rest of my card and will get 20% off my next purchase)
ChickFilA breakfast - FREE
WalMart - $30
Chevys dinner - $17 (with coupons and tip)
Five Below - $28

Total - $171

It sounds like a lot, but I bought a lot of things for Christmas at WalMart.  AND three of my friends kids have September birthdays and I bought some for one of their sister's too.  (I just remembered a fourth and fifth kid with September birthdays, but we didn't make their parties.)  I should have taken a picture of ALL this stuff.  Not to mention two restaurant meals.  :-)

Not really spending as little as possible, but spreading Christmas presents over several months call for it!  I AM hoping for zero October birthdays - other than both Moms.  :-)

I did clip a bunch of great online coupons - including two for organic milk and two for bread!  I never get coupons for those things.  And I'm gonna donate a bunch to church to clear my pantry a bit.  I still remember Elisabeth commenting on my very first coupon post saying once I got stuff super cheap or free I should donate it to the local food bank.  I joked about couponing for Jesus, but that's what I'm doing!  Not to mention all the personal care products I'm stocking up on for the winter relief program we do at church in January - homeless people stay in our church building for a week.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I was planning on couponing for Jesus also but I just can't get into the coupon thing yet! Maybe some day! Next spring you'll have to shop The Clearance Rack and get ten shirts for Kara for the same price that are brand new!! (I'm praying this whole thing pans out!)
jessicaday said…
Liz, you are doing an amazing job with the clothes. AND you buy a lot of generic groceries, so I think you're doing a great job. :-)