Apple Pickin' Season


Kara was home from school today because of the holiday (we get Jewish holidays off school in our county), so we wanted to do something fun.  She just wanted to see her friend, but her friend had plans to go picking apples, so we asked to go along with them!  Being an indoor, non-country kind of girl, I've never picked any food from the fields.  So, we weren't dressed entirely appropriately, but we did just fine.  Being an apple lover, I found I really loved picking high quality apples at a decent price.  And Kara loved everything about today.  Learning how apples are grown, being in fresh air, and seeing a bunch of her friends, were just icing on the cake.  I put a bunch of pictures on facebook.  Go check them out!

Now I can't wait to just stay home and bake with them!

Comments

Madamommy said…
Girl, I am so jealous! We did this every year with apples, blackberries, raspberries, even picked our own pumpkins off the vines to bake!!! I"M JEALOUS! They don't grow that stuff down here-even the pumpkins are imported! Where did you go? Larriland Farms is AWESOME for picking Apples-literally thousands... they last for weeks too! You love to cook-be good to bake up some pies and freeze them!!!! I'm living vicariously through you guys today!
jessicaday said…
Larriland Farms is where we went! Lol!
You may be jealous of us today, but when we are buried in a foot of snow and it's 50 degrees and sunny where you live, I'll be jealous. :-)