Met with the teacher

What a great meeting with the teacher. The quick answer is they're doing different levels in the classroom. They're going to assign each kid to a group: 1, 2, 3, or 4. While the whole class will hear the same story, group 1 will write a sentence about it, and group 4 will use play doh to describe a person from the story. 2 and 3 are somewhere in between. Not sure where she'll end up, but they're going to do what is best for her. The best part? The kids will move from group to group often as their abilities change. Love it!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
that is great news. It sounds like she's in a great school where they really care about the success of the children and have the ability to work with them all.
jessicaday said…
I really felt led to put Kara in this school (even though I wanted to do private school) and now I know why! I am so happy already and she's only been there a few weeks. :-)
Madamommy said…
That's awesome! That's exacrtly what Megan's teacher did and the kids didn't know they were in different levels of groups! It an awesome way to challange the others while the slower students get what they need! It was good that you met with the teacher-I think I had a good relationship with Megan's teacher because I was on top of her education and the teacher saw that I cared-so we had few problems!