First sick day

We've been in school less than a month and this is the second cold Kara has caught.  The first one didn't have any fevers and she felt great - just had a stuffy nose.  That cold has come and gone.

Yesterday she was really tired and fell asleep pretty early.  (I'm still not sure how tired she is supposed to be on a Monday, so I didn't think much of it.)  She also was sounding a little hoarse.  She woke me up crying and coughing a little hoarse cough around midnight, so I gave her some Mucinex cough, which works really well for her, and she slept like a rock until 7:30 this morning.  (Since she also had a fever, I knew she couldn't go to school.  You have to be fever free for 24 hours before you're allowed to go back to school.)  She came in my room and said, "mommy, it's light outside!"  I told her I let her sleep in.  She smiled and said "that medicine really worked".  I was glad she was feeling better, but it was short lived.  The tiredness was still there, the fever came back, she got a headache, and her little voice is so pathetic.  I told her the rule is staying home sick means you must take a nap.  God heals her while she sleeps, so she needed to give Him extra sleep so He can heal her.  She has been sleeping for a while now and I hope she wakes up feeling better again.  A fever right before nap, means she cannot go to school tomorrow.  I hope this bug leaves her system quickly.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I love being a stay at home mom!

Comments

Madamommy said…
Praying for her! Megan got so sick her Kindergarten year... she missed more then 10 days of school and Jason had to go before an attendance review board (I refused to go I was so upset) because she missed so many days. You're supposed to keep them home when they are sick and then they penalize you for doing the right thing... when all the other parents send their kids to school sick!!! At 15 here they can issue you a citation (pay a fine and possibility of jail time) and 20 you have to go before the judge (they don't have an option to not send you a citation)... scary... that's part of the reason I'm homeschooling this year!!!