I love this age

Can I just say how much I love having a 5 year old?  Kara is very articulate and sweet, without the hormones and over-emotional-ness that comes with the teen years for girls.  She is sweet to little kids and very impressed with the big kids.  She doesn't feel the need to fit in as much as she will in a few years, but likes making people happy.  She's smart and anxious to learn and can't get enough of God's Word.  She has a bit of independence in her (she can get ready for bed by herself), but she still likes waving to me from the bus and blowing me kisses.  Yeah, five is pretty awesome.  :-)

Here is the story she made up (with pictures) today:
"Once upon a time, there were 4 mountains, Jesus, and his disciples.  One day Jesus was walking in the mountains and Jesus' disciples lost Jesus because there are two mountains.  And then, they kept looking and looking.  And suddenly they went past two mountains and suddenly they found Jesus.  The end."
She spells mountains, "maotinz".  :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Is that a recent picture of her? She looks so young.
jessicaday said…
Yep, I took it today!
Vicky said…
Man, oh man! Is that ever a Michael stance! :D LOVED the story! Is this a story she did at school? Does she enjoy writing stories and drawing pictures with them? I'm curious because if she is, I'm going to duplicate a present for Christmas that I intend to make for Hannah.
jessicaday said…
No, she was supposed to be sleeping, but she was drawing instead, then she came into my room and told me the story she wanted to go along with it.