Wednesday, August 2

I started the day with a quick meeting at church.  One of the things I do each week has an extra step to do now.  Since I'm already doing this thing, it makes sense for me to do this extra step.  I know that sounds bad, but actually I really love this stuff.

We still haven't done our fun new school activity, but here are some pics and a cool video from today.

I asked Kara to do today's math on her own
while I was at church and I corrected it when
I came home.  She did very well!  Of course,
when it comes to pencil on paper, she hates
math.  But when she uses these white boards
and markers, she is having fun.  Fun-ish.

We did a whole week's worth of Spanish
today.  You know I'm always trying some-
thing different.  I thought once we got into
the Spanish mode, it would be nice to do
it all at once.  We sat outside so we could
be with the kitties.  They are very good at
Spanish.  :-)

This video is Kara reading the same book I am, while translating to English as she reads.  (Sorry it's sideways.)  Like I've said before, she has taken to Spanish extremely well.  I plan to do Spanish in school every year until she is old enough to take the CLEP test and not have to take it in college (like I did).



After school, I worked on some church stuff, then watched some tv with Kara.  Tonight's dinner plans are steak on salad (yum!).  I think I'll finish Kara's book after that.  (It's so cute so far!  A little hard to follow, but she wrote it when she was 10.  And the grammar and punctuation is good, so what else could a proud homeschool mom ask for?)

Oh!  I just remembered Kara has horse lessons in 10 minutes.

Comments

Vicky said…
Great job on the Spanish, Kara!