Garage Cleaning Day

First of all, yesterday we saw our neighbor whose property backs up to ours and he said someone has been bulldozing through ours and his woods!  We went to check it out.

Our regular path

Not our regular path.  Sure enough, someone
has been all over our woods.  Deer tracks
are everywhere.

We are going to ask another neighbor if it was them, and go from there.  Everyone around here knows that it's in poor taste to even walk on someone's property without permission, never mind mess with it.

Kara's puzzles came in the mail Friday.


We are learning Africa now.  The book Kara was learning it from wasn't working at all.  So, I thought a puzzle would help.  Since we will be doing one continent every year, I went ahead and bought the set.


Saturday we started bright and early (at 10am - which is bright and early for a Saturday here at the Day house) and got to work on cleaning the garage.  Kara helped me and was a rock star.  I let her have a huge long break in the middle, but she really did A LOT and without complaint.  She is a special kind of kid.

I had to rearrange everything so my dad can install shelving, so today I accomplished 90% of what I needed to do.

I only have after pictures.

This is the corner I just could NOT do.
I am in serious pain.

Blah!  Can't we just throw away the sleds
and snow shovels and salt??

On the right I will have new shelving.  Along that back wall
there will be upper cabinetry.

All of our stuff is on the other side of the garage out of the
way.  Whoa!  All of the stuff on the floor in between the
plastic shelves is the future cabinetry, not put together
yet.  (Thank you again Jessica for helping with that!)
The heavy duty shelves are temporarily in the middle
of the garage.

I wanted that front wall empty because...

...I'm getting a new car.  The new car is very long, just like Michael's, so I wanted less up front so we still have plenty of space to get stuff out of our trunks.  So, the new car.  It all started with Michael and I driving to the private family viewing for his Dad's funeral.  I teased him, like I always do, about a pretty truck.  I told him I am loving red vehicles these days and I think my "one day" truck needs to be red.  He said, "why don't you give my mom your car and just get your truck now."  And the rest is history!

So, I spent 8 hours Thursday driving to four dealerships to test drive vehicles.  The more I looked at trucks, the more I realized I wanted a nice big SUV.

Ford had the best deal, with all the perks I really wanted, and not too many I didn't want (but would have to pay for).  I prayed ahead of time and just asked God to help me with this purchase and it all came together in a way that could only be Him.

So, my shiny red Ford will be here Tuesday.  :-)  And she'll have a clean and pretty garage to sleep in every night.

Comments