Routine

Monday we got back to work right away, anxious to get back into a routine.  I brought Kara to church with me while I caught up on work there.


Kara and I went to Chick fil a for lunch, then headed home around 2:00.

Since she was totally not focused (it was a long week and we were still tired), we had to do math all over again at home.



I continued to work on stuff (more church stuff, bills, etc.) until it was bed time!  Why do I have so much to catch up on after being gone just five days??

Today is Tuesday and we started with math, after we overslept.  I woke up at 9 (after going to sleep at 11:30), and had to wake Kara up at 9:15.  Oops!  We started school a little late.


She did so much better after I gave her a formal lesson.  We need to be home with a good old white board / chalk board and instruct like formal school.  What can I say?  It's not easy to learn Algebra by reading it out of a book!

After that was Science.  There are no pictures because it was six pages of more information about earthworms than anyone ever cared about.  After six short pages, Kara was overwhelmed with life because she is eleven years old and life is so hard, so she was on the verge of tears.  A nice mom would say she can't possibly learn while in that state, but I am not a nice mom.  I let her do the chapter test orally, and let her do History later, but she was going to finish Science.  Period.  She got a 98% on the test.  Maybe drill sergeant mommy knows what she's doing....

After our dear sweet friends came to visit (hi Jessica, Emma, and Macie!), Kara and I ate dinner and went for a walk while Michael went fishing.  The rainbow was super pretty.




Kara did get that History done too.

I'm so mean.

Comments