Making Walmart Fun

Michael came home today from spending time with his family while his dad is in his final moments, so Kara and I stayed close to home.  I wanted him to come home to us being there and I wanted to be in the house all night, even if he wasn't in the same room with me.  So, we didn't make it to the movies.  We went grocery shopping instead.  I brought Kara with me and we went to Walmart and made a day of it.  We had lunch while we were there at the Burger King that is in Walmart.

Remember, today is the first day of public school, so we absolutely could NOT do school today.  We slept in, we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in bed, we watched Netflix until 10.  (After I got the stupid cat off the roof.  Shadow climbed up there last night, but I wasn't about to get a ladder out in the dark, so he could figure his way down overnight or just wait until morning.  He waited until morning.  Stinker.)  Then we got going so we could get back (and have everything put away) before Michael got home.  (I wanted a calm, relaxed environment for him.)  My intention was to buy a movie at Walmart, but we didn't see anything good and Kara fell in love with some art supplies.

Here are some fun pictures of our day:


Kara has a plan.

Start with sketching

She filled this whole canvas - spending
hours on that.

Time for paint!

Touching up.

She is such a little artist.

I'm so proud of her.
I asked her if I could paint too and she said I'd have to buy my own canvas.  lol!  I told her I already bought ALL the canvases!

Michael didn't talk about his trip for several hours.  I made him his favorite meal and did his laundry. We watched Jeopardy as a family during dinner, like usual.  Then after dinner, he opened up a little.  He said it was nice to visit with a lot of family, but Tim wasn't really lucid.  He was glad he went, but glad to be home.

Please continue to pray for Tim and everyone in his life.

Comments