Engineering - Coin Bridge

I want to start this post with asking you to pray for Michael's dad.  He is doing very poorly.  That's all I can say about that.  I have been thinking and praying about it all day every day.

Okay, lets talk about something else.

Kara has really been working
on her shading.  She threw this
together in about 15 minutes
the other day.

Kara's new activity for strengthening her shading and highlighting skills is to download a picture or drawing, and adjust the lighting - make it sunrise or sunset or spotlight.  She is realizing what colors are really in the shading.  She is incredible.  I'm so glad she is self motivated!  I could never come up with this stuff!

Michael has been on the front porch a lot these days.  After
my family left after July 4th, the humidity calmed way down
and the evenings are nice out there.  He sits out there for hours.
Thursday night I came home at 8 and decided to sit out
there with him.

Okay, this week we are starting something new:  Engineering.  STEM is a huge part of schools these days.  Science Technology Engineering and Math.  (The new thing is STEAM, which is the same acronym with Art in there.)  Kara does a TON of Science, Technology, Art, and Math.  I talked to Michael about it and he said she could be doing more Engineering.

We are starting small and making it fun.  Of course, I told her she would be building a bridge with coins and she said, "oh, that's easy.  I'm going to use physics to do it."



Then it was so easy she adjusted the bridge so she could stack extra coins on top.


She took all of these pictures for me too.  Next week we will step it up a little!  lol.

Comments

Vicky said…
Self-motivated just like her dad always was, challenging himself. I will never forget him coming home with an A on a paper and me praising him, yet he said, "I can do better than that."