This Week's Meals

Sunday I made pulled pork grilled cheese.  It was absolutely delicious!  Michael and I eat these twice a month, or maybe more.  I base this sandwich on this recipe.  I buy the pulled pork already made - this time it already had sauce on it.  (When I am heating it when it is plain, I'll add cooked onions.)  This night I heated the pork in a smaller pan, while I got the bread ready.  I cook the sandwich in a larger skillet with butter (oh, how I love grilled cheese), mayo and mustard on the inside of the bread, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and the meat.  I add lettuce when it is off the heat.  We totally devour these.

Monday I made one of my favorite soups.  Corn chowder with chicken and potatoes.

Yes, that's bacon in there.

Add cheese and serve with bread

So delicious and full of veggies - onions, carrots, celery, corn.  If I had remembered, the recipe calls for red pepper too.  This is a spin off of Pioneer Woman's corn chowder.  I make mine healthier, but I think it hits all the flavor notes.  I add chicken and potatoes to make the soup a complete meal.

Tuesday Kara went out with the youth group.  They went to Chick Fil A, then out to the movies.  So, Michael and I took that opportunity to go on a date.  We went to Applebees (no cooking or cleaning - yay!), and we came home to watch our favorite show.

Wednesday I made patty melts.  Grilled cheese with a burger and cartelized onions inside.  It was so good!  I don't know if my people liked it though.  They're crazy!  I should have taken a picture - my burger was cooked perfectly (pink inside), juicy, and delicious.  (I keep forgetting to take pictures!)  Also, I used pepper jack cheese.

For lunches we have been eating leftovers and eating through the freezer.

It's been great to have such a full freezer and pantry.  I've only needed to buy fruit, veggies, bread, and milk.  It'll be time to stock up on some meat soon.  My mom picked up some chicken for me today.

Comments