Cleaning the Garage

I woke up at 4am to the smoke alarm in our bedroom chirping.  Why does the battery always die in the middle of the night?  I think that is just the way life is.  There are worse things though.

It took a while to fall back asleep after I had lights on and ladders out and all of that (right next to Michael who slept through it all!  lol!), so I overslept for church this morning.  I threw on makeup and clothes, skipped breakfast, and ran out the door.  Church was wonderful, as usual, then I asked Michael to take me to Waffle House for breakfast.  Goodness gracious those waffles are so good, and so is their coffee.

I came home to relax a little before I worked through my to do list.  Shadow loves it when I relax a little.  :-)  Can you hear him purring?


He curled up in a tiny ball.  How cute!


Okay, enough of that.  Next, I got to work on the baseboards.  I love my baseboards, but the flat ledge has me cleaning them about twice a year.  It works out well because my Roomba vacuums the floor wonderfully, but she doesn't get the little spiders in the corners, so I took care of all of that too.



Next I needed to clean the garage.  I saw the spider webs adding up, as well as leaves blowing in, but what made me stop putting off this chore was the amount of little fuzzy circles I saw around - they are spider eggs.  Ewww!!  I used the blower for what felt like a solid hour.  I'm so glad to have all of that cleaned out, but the spiders kept trying to crawl back in.  I used the blower to send them to the grass, but the stubborn ones who wanted my garage got smooshed!

After that I cleaned the garage doors.  I washed them on the inside and the outside with a lot of warm water mixed with a little Dawn and a little car wash soap.  I used the car wash brush we have on a handle, which I love and was nice and gentle.  I used the hose on the outside of the doors to rinse off. The inside I used a sponge.  After washing with the car wash brush on the inside, I used a sponge and dawn to scrub these dirt stains off our two year old garage doors.


So much better!



I also took these off.  I never wanted them on,
but the contractors wouldn't take them off for
me.  Today I saw they just pop off!

I just couldn't do anymore.  My arms are jelly after scrubbing the insides of the doors for hours.  I was sure to keep the side door open to the garage so that while I worked, the kitties could be around.  They were, of course!  They don't always need to be pet, but they love being in the same room with us.  They loved climbing on the cars, on the shelves, on the fridge!  lol.

I will save the rest of my list for when Kara can help.  :-)

Then I did a little church work (grateful I did payroll yesterday) and lesson plans while I ate dinner.  Then I took a shower right away.  I was so afraid there was a spider in my hair!  What is it about spiders that creep us out so much?

After such a productive day, I plan to relax with my favorite you tube channel tonight.  I hope you had as wonderful of a Sunday as I did!

Comments