Cooking From My Pantry

Monday I used the crock pot to make country style ribs, which are beef.  I don't think it is all that fabulous, but Michael loves it.  For the sides, I made an herb butter rice which was one of those Knorr packets (and was so yummy), and I made broccoli apple salad, which is knock-your-socks-off delicious.





Monday tends to be my big cooking day.  After spending the weekend eating leftovers and clearing out the fridge, I like to stock it up with something yummy Michael can eat on all week.  He had two lunches for leftovers from Monday!  I believe he ate them Tuesday and Friday.  (And I ate all the rest of the broccoli apple salad super quickly.)

Tuesday I don't have a picture, but I made cheesesteaks.  This is my first time making them with this kind of meat, and boy oh boy was it good.  And easy!

Here is my new favorite snack.  Both of these items you'll recognize from coupon/sale shopping!  I got them both for half price.


Wednesday was church.  I went to Bubba Ritos (which is like Chipotle) with my friend from Bible study, Kara's youth group had a tailgating party so she ate there (she brought cheeseball, which she made herself), and who knows what Michael ate!

Thursday I made taco salad.  If I have tomatoes around, I'll add them, but it is still delicious without them.


Ingredients:  cooked ground beef and corn with taco seasoning, lettuce, cheddar cheese, cheese Dorito crumbs, Catalina dressing.  I think it's time to retire this awesome meal until it is hot again.  Make room for soups!

Friday was our anniversary, so Michael took me out to any restaurant I wanted.  I chose Mo's BBQ because their homemade chicken nachos are delicious!

I love having such a fun pantry and freezer.  My people do too - they are loving the cookies, ice cream, and chips.  Okay, so am I.  :-)

Comments