Lighting part 2

Well.  It's a good thing I went to the chandelier showroom because I like all of them!  lol.  Apparently I have some kind of disorder where I cannot order lighting on the internet.  I must pick it out in person.

Here are some of my favorites for the big ones I need (foyer, 2 great room, my room, Kara's room):









I like these next two for over my bathtub:



The prices are much better than I thought they would be and they look so much better in person than they do online.  And definitely better than my iPhone could capture.

So, here is what we did today:
 * Watch 3 Gilmore Girls episodes when I woke up.  Shut up.  I needed to rest for Pete's sake.
 * Left around noon to swing by the house and talk electrical stuff with Abe, the electrician.
 * Drove to Huntsville.
 * Stopped along the way for McDonalds for Kara and Chick Fil A for me.
 * I made plans to go see Merideth in a week and a half.  I want to start planning my menus now.  Kara is even more excited than me to go.
 * Took Kara to the Minion movie.  When the movie was starting and we heard the first Minion voices I told her thank you for being so patient.  I was proud of her for understanding that we were just too busy up until now to go.  She started crying.  Which made me cry.  Poor girl.  Moving is just such an inconvenience.  :-(
 * Went to the lighting store and felt all kinds of relief when I liked so many that I can afford.
 * Returned something at Target.
 * Drove home with Huntsville "rush hour" traffic.  That deserves quotes because we were creeping along at a slow 65 mph.  That was a piece of cake!  One by one, the cars pulled off into their towns, as I kept going all the way to Guntersville.
 * I vacuumed the blue blanket.  Mom will know what this means.  Remember the red blanket story with the fuzzies?  Well, we bought a blue blanket for Kara's room and it is made out of the same thing.  I decided to wash it and dry it 3 times, then vacuum it.  I'm going to wash it and dry it again.  The shirt I wore when I took it out of the dryer the first time had to be thrown away.  This material is of the devil.
 * I'm doing laundry now.  (The blue blanket is not in with the clothes.  It's sitting in time out, thinking about what he did.)
 * I'm going to read the town paper I just got in the mail.


 * Michael had leftovers for lunch, so I'm wondering if he'll go for cereal for dinner.  I'm thinking not.  I better start planning that since it's 5:25.  Scrambled egg sandwiches??
 * No trip to the new house tonight.  It's going to thunderstorm tonight and tomorrow.

Who knows what the plan is for tomorrow?  I desperately want to read the book I got from the library.  And I want to start the new Bible study book I ordered that should be here tomorrow.  And I want to drive around this BEAUTIFUL town and take amazing pictures.  Not sure if I have time for that decadence yet.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love watching the process! I don't think I could pick out a chandelier without seeing it in person either. That's just wrong. lol